But there are still things I haven't figured out, despite my advanced age: things I should have sorted by 40, but haven't.
- I am still searching for the ideal hair and skin care products. I have not yet accepted the reality that it's not the products that are imperfect, it is my hair and skin.
- I still let paperwork pile up in huge mounds around my house. I have tried 758,000 filing systems over the past three decades, and not one of them has eliminated the mounds.
- I still sometimes eat my feelings.
- I am still a sucker for clothing bargains and am forever purchasing non-returnable items on sale that I hate the minute I bring them home.
- I am still incredibly trusting, and get fooled by liars time and time again.
- I still bite my nails. Even my acrylic nails.
- I still run out of bread and milk all the time.
- I still confuse sex with love.
- I still don't have a formal exercise regime. Or even a casual exercise regime.
- I still lose my temper with the kids and regret it afterwards.
- I still don't know the capital cities of many countries in the world, despite really, truly trying to memorise them.
- I still don't have a signature dish. I don't even have a signature drink.
- I still fret if I don't get enough sleep.
- I still assume people are dead or angry with me if they don't text me back straight away.
- I still need therapy.
What about you?